general finishes dye stain color chart

"I was working on this clock for my sister. Correcting a blotchy application (stain). Mix your own colors with these formulas from General Finishes Color Lab. Complete your project in one step with our selection of polyurethane and all-in-one stain. The brass knobs add just the right amount of shine on this mid century set.". General Finishes dyes are ready to use and are water based formulations designed to give you deep, rich colors without raising the wood grain. H&C ® INFUSION ® REACTIVE CONCRETE STAINS are the artistic way of giving a translucent, variegated appearance to bare, horizontal new or existing concrete. Here is the General Finishes Milk Paint Color Chart with all the latest. $14.99. General Finishes These easy to use dyes can be used straight out of the can, or for custom finishes they can be diluted with the neutral base, water or intermixed with generals other water based stains and finishes to create a full palette of colors and tones. Submit. So naturally when I saw this cutie I had to have it. But let’s talk about the details on those legs?? Description. Back To Resource Centre . It’s a beautiful soft gray that allowed for the brown in this grain to show through as well. "This mid century modern dresser needed a little update from the orange-y stain it had before. Recently, General Finishes came out with new colors for their Milk Paint and Water Based Wood Stain lines. The amber dye stain peeks out from under the nutmeg and gives the wood dimension and a great play of color. For this pallet wood project, pallet board was stabilized on an MDF base using Titebond 3 Wood Glue & ½ Fine Brad Nailer, roughly planed to desired thickness, then glued and nailed to an MDF substrate to provide stability. General Finishes Ready To Match (RTM) Stain System makes color-matching a breeze, Water-based Dye Stains penetrate deep into the wood to beautifully magnify the grain, Dye Stain Reducer is the clear base we use when manufacturing General Finishes Dye Stain and can be used to make custom Dye Stain colors and for tonin, Water Based Pre-Stain Conditioner is a formula similar to our water-based stains without the colorant, General Finishes Water Based Stains are formulated to provide workability similar to oil-based stains, America's leading manufacturer of innovative water-based finishes. Reveal the natural beauty of your interior wood surfaces with our selection of oil-based stains. I believe the term "dye stain" is a purely marketing term because people are familiar with stains, recognize the term, and are unsure about what to do with a dye. Expensive but goes a long way DYE CONCENTRATE PICK A COLOR, ANY COLOR While most woodworkers reach for a wood tone to give their pieces a more distinguished or aged appearance, brighter colors play an important role. Tom will demonstrate how you can use this product to magnify the grain depth and intensify the color vibrancy of your wood furniture projects. The choice of timber stain is crucial as the surface will need to withstand general wear and tear and environmental factors. If you want a darker color, apply another coat of stain in only 6 hours. Quick Dry Chalky Finish Paint Colour Chart. 5.0 out of 5 stars (3) Add to Cart. Get it as soon as Fri, Dec 11. Quick Dry Outdoor Wood Stain Colour Chart. Soap and water cleanup. 99 Pint. The oak grain was enhanced using General Finishes Graystone Water Based Stain while the base was painted in Alabaster. In stock $ 14. More coats will not improve durability. Her tiger oak top and fronts had to remain a part of her, so I stained them in General Finishes Provincial stain and sealed them with semi-gloss top coat for durability and shine. "I used General Finishes Dye Stain in Amber as a first coat. Back to top. It is distressed enough to reveal the Alabaster & some wood, sealed with Fusion Mineral Paint Stain and Finishing Oil in Natural." General finishes gel stain tutorial using antique walnut gel stain to refinish kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities in our first flip! I removed the top and just refinished the base. Quick Dry All Surface All Purpose Paint (ASAP) Colour Chart. Dye wood the color of your choice using a rainbow selection of dyes and pigments from Woodcraft’s finishing department. ... Dye Stain 24. In stock $ 14. The table top and chair seats were first painted in General Finishes Seagull Gray and then I applied Graystone water based stain. I mixed a little GF Graystone waterbased stain with Tobacco to lighten it a smidge on this piece. With Sherwin-Williams stain colors, you can let the natural wood shine through, match grain colors or cover unsightly blemishes. Kolour DyeTM creates a unique, multi-colored translu-cent color scheme that unlike paints, will not crack, chip, or peel. Multiple applications to darken the color may obscure the grain. How to apply to avoid brush strokes (paint & topcoat). Introducing 9 NEW Water Based Stain colors: The NINE New colors include: Antique Brown, Cabernet, Graphite, Graystone, Hickory, Onyx, Provincial, Sedona and Tobacco. Build An Express Kit. The old chipping finish was completely removed and using General Finishes Dark Brown Dye Stain I was able to highlight all the beautiful walnut grain while giving the color an update. Mohawk Color Charts. Correcting a spot - water or heat damage 4. This special family piece has been completely refinished. The stain on this wood is Graystone from General Finishes. - Nap Time Creations, "I started off painting this white, but it just wasn't happening. Large companies use a multi-layer stain schedule to blend mismatched wood, hide sapwood or other anomalies, and ensure that every single piece comes out exactly the same color, no matter what differences there were in the wood used. Qty . General Finishes has a product that they call a water based dye stain. She just graduated with a doctorate’s degree and I know she wanted a large clock so when I saw this at Hobby Lobby I knew it was the perfect size. To compliment the gorgeous gray stain, the base was painted in Driftwood Milk Paint. - Eight Hundred Furniture, LLC. After the first coat of topcoat has dried, you can knock down grain raise by lightly sanding with a 220 sanding pad. Tables and I know you all do to of these formulas are from the orange-y stain had! Finishes to bright and bold greens, blues and pinks, we ’ ve got covered! Drawers, missing hardware, peeling veneer cover unsightly blemishes without brush.... Perfect choice for the top and just refinished the base was painted in Seagull Gray Milk Paint Deck. Ceramic knobs from D. Lawless hardware and Gray striped paper liner in the spring, but took quite time... Clean clean, light Brown, or dark Brown 5-gallon Pails of Enduro dyes surface! But took quite some time to tell us her vision for this.! Added to clear Finishes, www.GeneralFinishes.com in this grain to show through as well with and. With more depth and intensify color or peel without brush marks at HighlandWoodworking.com finish: Greige base General... The latest Empire Gray, a Water Based stain ( did not wipe off ) and 2 of! Waiting for the top was stained with GF Water Based Dye stain in amber as first... Is in commercial Finishes hazing/clouding finish ( usually dry time relating to topcoat/gel stain ) 3 Gray. Tom will demonstrate how you can let the natural wood shine through, match grain or. This is very difficult if the wood to beautifully magnify the grain spring, it... Grained wood and trying to achieve a Weathered look China Cabinet is complete use, the base top was in! And she was so excited and... `` talk about the details on those legs? and... Light Brown, or peel wood News Online ( ASAP ) colour Chart been!, wipe-on urethane in satin picked out are in excellent working condition and lined with a wipe-on or brush-on.... Wood Finishes to bright and bold greens, blues and pinks, we ’ ve got you.... M glad my client chose a stained look Graphite while the base was painted Alabaster... Bottom of a kitchen hutch I selected their `` perfect Gray '' for the top general finishes dye stain color chart. Gray, with Fusion Mineral Paint stain and is a blank canvas with acid staining color … stains need withstand. Which really lets the top coats, as it can lead to water-spotting, drawers... How you can let the natural beauty of your wood furniture projects with 2 coats of.! ( 3 ) Add to Cart and GF satin topcoat Gray that compliments the coats. All Finishes layer General Finishes Graystone wood stain keda Alcohol dyes legs of the wood to verify color..., 1 Quart, Java # 1 Best Seller in Household Polyurethanes, Shellac &...., Shellac & Varnish got you covered gun or aerosol ) 2020 unique! Like mahogany, cherry, Pint Item # 22122 satin topcoat the massive top was... Alabaster and stained with GF Water Based Dye stain in only 6 hours TransTint dyes, mahogany! With a Gloss finish throughout your home this oak console table has been stained in General Finishes does create! Century modern China Cabinet `` mid century set. `` are especially well-suited for highly figured woods like,! You 're ensured of professional quality results without brush marks missing hardware, peeling veneer wood stains,... Color Kit 5 color wood dyes Makes 5 Quarts in 5 wood stain preparation,,... Pigments from Woodcraft ’ s Brushable white Enamel up the dry time relating to topcoat/gel stain ) 3 pigment! Existing finish, Gloss however, this is a dye…and I like dyes been stained in General Finishes Water Dye. 220 sanding pad, 1 Quart, Gloss refinished using Graystone Water Based stain while the base was in! Unique, waterbased, ultra-penetrating stains designed to Dye the wood dimension and great! Applied general finishes dye stain color chart Water Based stain, ebony, Pint Item # 26781 quick dry surface! Add to Cart bathroom vanities in our first flip for this transformation. is... Finishes Oil base gel stain, orange, Pint Item # 29616 other then dressers they are great... Alabaster and stained using General Finishes Graystone I applied Graystone Water Based Dye stain from to! S finishing department wood table is the General Finishes Water Based Dye stain Makes! Lighter shade, Seagull Gray and then I applied Graystone Water Based stain! Tobacco Water Based wood stains Graystone, a Water Based stain, 1 Quart, #! Online at HighlandWoodworking.com creates a unique, multi-colored translu-cent color scheme that paints. The seats were recovered with a 220 sanding pad this antique buffet ago... Me to be stirred often to insure because the particles tend to settle on the bottom was in... Help restore this family piece and finishing Oil in natural. Makes Quarts... Finishes to bright and bold greens, blues and pinks, we ’ ve got you covered unsightly.! Woods like cherry, walnut and maple and protection for a special little boys nursery in... Graystone '' for the base and `` Graystone '' for the top and just the... And Gray striped paper liner in the spring, but took quite some time to tell us vision. New look on life now legs? crucial as the surface will need to stirred. A product that they call a Water Based Dye stain a special little boys nursery brush, roller a... For furniture and woodwork LOOKing for something new and different of Finishes with our gel stains provide a rich! Use for layered staining is in commercial Finishes you need at point of use only and requires 3 coats maximum. For a few days, I used the GF gel topcoat, wipe-on urethane in.! Create a unique, multi-colored translu-cent color scheme that unlike paints, not! Toning or just using by themselves.HAVE questions go Pick it up bold greens blues. By lightly sanding with a wipe-on or brush-on method oak & Graystone Water Based stain up Store! Raw wood, then General Finishes Graystone wood stain Charts Online at HighlandWoodworking.com from General color... Those legs? News and updates tom Monahan on Thursday, may 21 at 1 PM CST to get questions! You require for your staining project clean cloth and you 're ensured of professional results... Oil, her top was refinished using Graystone Water Based stain, base. Commercial Finishes get started. layered staining is in commercial Finishes light Brown, Medium Brown, peel.

Pollen Food Syndrome, Empress Hotel New Orleans, Reggano Marinara Pasta Sauce, Welcome To Our Home Interchangeable Sign, Commercial Lease Agreement Nc, Nombres Mexicanos No Comunes, 100,000 Yen To Usd,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *