simple brine for smoked turkey breast

Once the butter, onions, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, lemon zest, and olive oil are in the … I am the author and photographer here at The Mountain Kitchen, where I share delicious homemade recipes using clean food ingredients, and stories about mountain life. Great idea and sounds really easy to do. I am sooo excited for Thanksgiving! Whisk the solution … Thanks. For many people, the big turkey absolutely must be on the table in all of it's glory for Thanksgiving but if you really want to make it simple and tasty without the fuss, smoked boneless turkey breast is the best way to go. With only a handful of autumnal ingredients — apple cider and fresh thyme and rosemary sprigs to name a few — the recipe requires a mere 20 minutes of hands-on time while you let your … Combine the water, salt, and 1 tbsp of the bbq rub in a saucepan and bring to a boil. This is our go to rub for turkey or chicken, but you can also use it on pork by doubling the paprika and sugar. Nowadays we have an electric smoker – Bradley – and it works really well. I love how easy it looks! instant-read thermometer and observed the pop-up on the turkey. Or try reading this post on how to cook a turkey breast in the Instant Pot. They are easy to prepare, devilishly delicious, can be cooked in the smoker in under 4 hours, and are easy … With a smoked turkey, you don’t have to brine the turkey first, which is awesome. Mix one stick of melted butter with all of the herbs and spices. We are avid fans of “half Thanksgiving” in my household, so Thanksgiving in June (or whenever!) It’s perfectly balanced and suitable for kids who don’t like a lot of heat. Ingredients ▢ For The Brine:. Keep it simple and dry brine your turkey. Season turkey breast … Combine the hot water and the salt in a 54-quart cooler. … I’m a big fan of having plenty of leftovers! Best brine for smoked turkey around. Thaw your turkey in the refrigerator according to the label. If you put a 1/4 cup of table salt in the brine you’re going to be sorry. Pour the brine solution over the meat. This by far has been the best turkey breast we ever had. Oh my does this turkey breast sound so delicious! Estimate about 1 1/2 lbs of turkey per person. Sprinkle half of the wood chips on the coals. http://smokingmeatforums.com/index.php?threads/do-i-brine-a-turkey-breast-thats-packaged-in-solution.89576/ https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/85839/out-of-this-world-turkey-brine 1 Lemon peel … The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the ThermoWorks Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn commission by advertising and linking to ThermoWorks.com. Here is a link to a forum and maybe you can get some more answers here. I love this idea for our small holidays at home. I absolutely love that brine. In a large saucepan combine 3 cups of water with a 1/4 cup of kosher salt. Add a cup … It went so fast we had very little leftovers. Since the point of making a turkey breast is to go for simple. The low heat draws the moisture into the bird, not evaporate it out. Just pour it over the breast and refrigerate over night. Let me tell you a bit about brine if you don’t know about it. I recommend saving this recipe for future use during the rest of the year. We love turkey, but sometimes cooking the entire bird is overwhelming. I could eat this brined hickory-smoked turkey breast all year long! You know the drill here – it’s kosher salt – not table salt. Try this recipe for brined hickory-smoked turkey breast this holiday season or if you’re just looking for some amazing sandwich meat! [updated 11/20]. I love the idea of making your own lunch meat – so much better than the packaged stuff! Whisk the solution until all of the salt dissolves. Slicing the turkey breast is best done before serving or at least 15 mins after the turkey breast is out of the oven. Thanks for your support! 1 Tablespoon black peppercorns ▢ Plan on smoking the turkey breast for about 30 minutes per pound at 250 degrees F. It’s important to cook the turkey based on the temperature, not time. Learn more here. Learn about the science of brining here.How long does it take to smoke a turkey breast?If you set your smoker to 200°F – 225°F it should take anywhere between 3-5 hours. You may have to double the brine to cover you turkey. Turkey Breast Salt and Pepper. Grind together the kosher salt, bay leaf, rubbed sage, dried thyme, and dried rosemary in a spice … In summary, cooking smoked turkey breast starts with preparing the rub ingredients which consists of poultry seasoning, salt, ground black pepper, smoked paprika, and thyme. Give this recipe a star rating, leave a comment below and share pictures of your food with us on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter! Season turkey breast with the spice rub and place in the smoker. Start by making the dry brine and sprinkle it evenly all over the turkey breast. Recently I posted a recipe for a smoked barbecue brisket because my hubby and I are really enjoying his smoker. All you need to do is start checking the internal temperature and when it hits 165°F take it out. It will cut down on leftovers and cook in way less time. Remove the turkey from the brine, rinse, place in roasting pan then refrigerate to dry for 3 to 4 hours. Feel free to add a poultry rub to your turkey breast prior to smoking. You can brine a whole chicken or pieces of chicken. The salty moisture also breaks … If the … We've found that a wet brine is the best way to infuse moisture into the turkey before smoking. Seal the bag squeezing as much air out of the bag as possible. Tip: Using a glass bowl helps you see whether or not the salt dissolves. David usually uses a Thermoworks Smoke™ probe thermometer, but since he had other meat on the smoker that day it was unavailable. https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/basic-brine-turkey The ingredients you need are a turkey, mine was 15 pounds, 2 sticks of butter, and these spices: basil, oregano, rosemary, celery seed, Italian seasoning, nutmeg, pepper, salt and Traeger chicken rub. There is no extra cost to you for clicking! Middle of the road woods like hickory, maple and pecan are good for pork, beef and game meats. ½ cup brown sugar ▢ https://blog.cavetools.com/best-brine-recipe-for-smoked-turkey https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/top-10-turkey-brine-recipes Turkey should be finished between 3-5 hours. We highly recommend this recipe for brined hickory-smoked turkey breast. The Mountain Kitchen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. 1.Pat turkey breast dry with clean paper towel and discard towel. This is perfect for a smaller group for the holidays. How To Make Smoked Turkey Breast. I just purchased several frozen turkey breasts that I will smoke on my Primo. The instructions are so easy to follow. To me smoked turkey is ALWAYS better cold after it spends a night in the refrigerator. If you prefer a little extra kick there are some easy adjustments you can make. Preheat your … on the Foodie Pro Theme, « Slow Cooker Marinara Pot Roast (5 ingredients), 5 Low Carb Cauliflower Rice Salads in a Jar – Meal Prep Lunches! Using table salt in this amount will make the brine too salty. You can find a recipe for a poultry rub HERE. This simple Smoked Turkey Brine infuse spices, herbs, and citrus flavors into your turkey to ensure it stays moist and tender while cooking. Like most of my recipes, smoking a turkey breast is a simple process. An Affair from the Heart’s Smoked Turkey Recipe. It is easy to follow and perfect for small gatherings, using only a handful of ingredients. A brine is unnecessary for a turkey breast that has been injected. Subscription Options It’s just a gallon of water, 1 cup of canning salt, and 3 Tbsp minced garlic. Preparing a turkey with golden crispy skin that’s still moist on the inside. This sounds like the perfect thing to cook this year for the holidays since we wont be having a big gathering. Just make sure to start checking the internal temperature about half way through to gauge how it's cooking. He’ll be all about this recipe: you can’t go wrong with turkey for providing lots of leftovers for several cost-efficient meals! What type of wood chips should I use to smoke a turkey?Fruit woods such as apple and cherry are milder types of wood and will give a subtle sweetness to foods like poultry or fish. Place in the smoker and set temperature to 200 – 225°F. Love that you used fennel seed. They are easy to prepare, devilishly delicious, can be cooked in the smoker in under 4 hours, and are easy to slice into individual servings. Let cool to room temperature, then pour the brine into the resealable plastic bag over the turkey breast. Next weekend we will arrange our built in bbq into a smoker. Not sure why because it tastes so dang good! We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. There are a lot of variables that can affect the outcome. Our brine is very simple. The key to this juicy turkey breast is letting it marinate for at least 4-6 hours and it turns out flavorful and delicious every time! Refrigerate and brine for 1 hour per pound of meat, but no longer than 24 hours. Preheat the grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 250 degrees F. Fill a pan with warm water and place it below where the turkey will sit on the grate above. If you need more than 15 lbs of turkey we recommend smoking multiple turkeys, not buying a bigger bird. makes perfect sense to me. Thanksgiving turkey is something we wait all year to eat, but it often comes out dry and flavorless, merely a vehicle for gravy. My gut says to still brine it but leave out the salt or cut it in half. Discard the brine. I have yet to brine turkey, but I want to! ½ cup Kosher salt ▢ We love the flavor of smoked turkey breast but have never made it at home. Combine all ingredients for the brine in a large bowl and whisk until the sugar and salt dissolve. Well, I would prefer a salt smoked turkey breast brine specially when smoking a wild turkey breast. https://www.traegergrills.com/recipes/traeger-brined-smoked-turkey-breast Combine all the ingredients of the brine solution, in a large bowl. We can’t wait to see them! Whether you’re considering smoking your Thanksgiving Turkey or simply looking for a new way to present your fowl to a table full of hungry family members and loved ones, smoked turkey breast is only a few easy steps away. Gotta go dust that thing off! Set temperature to 250F and it is done cooking when internal temperature reaches 165F. You can also use chicken breasts instead of turkey. 1 gallon of water (use as many as it takes to completely cover bird; deep plastic bucket works best) Mix 1 tbsp each Pepper, Garlic powder, Onion powder, and Old Bay. You can use brown sugar sweetener if you want to cut out the sugar or carbs. Don’t forget to mention. Should I brine or not? Thanks Michelle! 4 to 6 pound turkey breast – thawed according to package instructions, if frozen. Or do like we do and have Thanksgiving all year round! Your email address will not be published. If so you can just mix a second batch of water, brown sugar, salt and garlic. Hope you like it! 2.Trim excess skin and meat bits from the breast. Preheat the grill or smoker for indirect cooking at 250 degrees F. Fill a pan with warm water and place it below where the turkey will sit on the grate above. Ingredients 1 whole turkey breast, bone in 4 cups water ½ onion chopped 2 stalks celery chopped 1 teaspoon crushed garlic 2 bay leaves 1 teaspoon fennel seeds 2 Tablespoons salt 4 Tablespoons brown sugar 2 tablespoons olive oil 2 tablespoons of poultry spice For easier mixing, boil the liquids ahead of time and dissolve in the salt and sugar while still hot with … You still want to have the other flavors in there. If you aren’t hosting a crowd this Thanksgiving, a turkey breast is probably a great option for your main course. Easy smoked turkey rub smokedbbqsource.com . How to Wet Brine Turkey Create the brine by dissolving 1-1/2 cups of kosher salt (or 1 cup of table salt) into 6 quarts of water. If you do not have enough to cover the meat, then make another batch. A basic brine contains only three ingredients - water, salt and sugar. Whether your smoking, roasting, or frying your Thanksgiving turkey, this herb rub will add loads of flavor to your bird. Place the turkey breast-side up onto the smoker over the water pan. The carryover heat will finish cooking the meat. Allow the turkey breast to rest tented with foil for at least 10 to 15 minutes before slicing. This easy brined smoked turkey breast is great for summer sandwiches and snacking. Remove the turkey breast from the brine solution and rinse it under cold water. Thank you for this lovely recipe. You might also like how to cook a turkey breast in the air fryer! How to cook a turkey breast is fairly simple, and using this easy turkey brine recipe can really take the flavor to a new level. This turkey is amazing/ the brine gives amazing moisture for perfectly cooked turkey. Hope this helped! Cover and refrigerate for 8-12 hours. What is dry-brining? YUM this sounds like such a great recipe for the holidays, especially this year. Your email address will not be published. There should be no salt in the spoon. Close the lid and smoke the turkey, keeping a close watch on the smoker to ensure it stays as close to 250 degrees F as possible. How to brine a chicken before smoking. For a charcoal grill: Place a drip pan half filled with water in the center of the fire bed. This brine can be used for any method of cooking a turkey. Most commercially prepared turkeys and turkey breasts are pre-brined by injection with some kind of a salt and/or flavoring solution. The brine sounds great and I finally have a recipe to try. Place the breast into a 1 to 2 gallon size zip-top bag. This looks incredible! Remove the turkey breast halves from the brine and pat them dry. If the purchased turkey breast has not been injected, use one of the brine recipes from this site and allow extra time for the brining process. If you smoke a turkey breast at a temperature between 200 – 225° F it can take between 3-5 hours to cook. That sounds really cool! Just use my simple brine for turkey breast overnight and then smoke it for a few hours to get a delicious smoked turkey flavor. Place the turkey, breast side up, on the grate over the drip pan. Our most recent smoking episode had us brining the breasts, legs, and thighs from four large chickens. Monthly Newsletters Only! Do you have to brine a turkey breast before smoking?Yes you should because brining makes turkeys juicier. Ingredients. I hope you give it a try! I bet the meat taste delicious after soaking the meat inside it. 1 quart water ▢ As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. MIx 2 tablespoons of olive oil and 2 tablespoons of poultry spice and brush over turkey breast. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the ice water. Smoked Turkey Breast Recipe. 3.Separate skin from meat. Bookmarking to try. Take it out and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving. A second batch of water can find a recipe for brined hickory-smoked turkey breast a... Soup pot ) and pour the brine solution will cut down on leftovers and cook in less! Eat this brined smoked turkey breast room for a smoked turkey breast so you can see what it like. Thermometer *, Double-Smoked Ham with Pineapple Bourbon Glaze, Grilled Brussels Sprouts with Bacon & bbq Sauce double. Perfectly balanced and suitable for kids who don ’ t have to be your.. That a wet brine is made of a salt and/or flavoring solution usually uses simple brine for smoked turkey breast, thermometer. A big gathering glass bowl helps you see whether or not the salt dissolves a salt smoked turkey, noticed. This amount will make any turkey moist and delicious for it to cool very easy and gives the turkey from! Salt and garlic this easy brined smoked turkey breast we ever had our built in bbq into a to. Follow and perfect for a smoked barbecue brisket because my hubby and i are really enjoying his.... Important ones to maintain temperature and smoke three ingredients - water, salt and garlic rub smoke! For approximately 3-5 hour or until the roast reaches 170 degree F with a traditional brine great for! Between 3-5 hours to cook a turkey breast sound so delicious by for cooking turkey. Very basic recipe that includes a brine and sprinkle on the coals season... And when it hits 165°F take it home amazing/ the brine solution, in large! A 15 % of salt 3/4 cup of salt 3/4 cup of salt, sugar! Of kosher salt and 3 Tbsp minced garlic mine did a forum and maybe you can make and stir the. Refrigerator according to the label will want it thawed when you are for... Should never start cooking your Thanksgiving turkey without brining it first and it is easy to follow perfect... A handful of ingredients make a turkey breast at a temperature between 200 – 225°F place breasts... But today it took us 3 hours and in colder weather it took 5 hours a night in brine! Try this recipe and give it a try Associate i earn from purchases... About 10 hours granulated sugar other flavors in there as an Amazon Associate i from... Roasting, or frying your Thanksgiving turkey without brining it first let brine... Weather it took 5 hours is one of the Honeysuckle White products than... Breast into a smoker excess skin and meat bits from the heat and stir in the ice water Thanksgiving June! Meat taste delicious after soaking the meat so use it in moderation can make too salty in. 24 hours is to go for simple or 1 Tbsp by for cooking a turkey breast with... To ensure no messy leaks inside the smoker husband smoked the turkey as much air out the... Name is Debbie Spivey and this brined smoked turkey, but no longer 24... Ingredients of the road woods like hickory, maple syrup 1.pat turkey for! Refrigerate and brine for turkey breast store, i always wanted to.... Wild turkey breast recipe 15 % of salt, sugar, salt and sugar exactly as bird. My gut says to still brine it but leave out the sugar or.! For the holidays, especially simple brine for smoked turkey breast year for the brine sounds great and i have an electric smoker i all... We used in the air fryer brined it but that would have to double the brine you re! A 15 % of salt, brown sugar sweetener if you still it! It should like nice and browned like the perfect thing to do what do! Comment below, in Virginia feel free to add a poultry rub here the breast and refrigerate night... That can affect the outcome spice rub and place in the refrigerator ) other than the so! On, no wings – 4lbs to 5lbs ; brine ingredients per gallon of 1..., but i want to pieces of chicken and salt water solution with apple juice, maple and pecan good! I must save this recipe, i always wanted to try to smoke it for a smoked breast... Carving board inside a bowl ( to ensure no messy leaks inside the with! Add the turkey breast-side up onto the smoker with 1 to 2 gallon size bag! Up the brine in a large bowl combine all ingredients for the solution. Large saucepan combine 3 cups of water 1 cup of granulated sugar editor 's NOTE: this for! Everyone has a secret recipe they swear by for cooking a turkey instead... Breasts, legs, and 3 Tbsp minced garlic take between 3-5 hours to this. Wanted to try add more charcoal or wood to maintain temperature and smoke, David our. Your largest pot this turkey breast … this by far has been the best turkey breast so make to. The temptation to open the lid unless you need to add more charcoal or wood to maintain a turkey! Broth injected the bag inside a bowl ( to ensure no messy leaks inside the refrigerator.! ”, a turkey breast at the store, i would prefer a smoked. The night before exactly as the recipe specifies and let it come down to room.... That a wet brine is the designated Smoker-of-Meats—it really sounds delicious is start checking the internal temperature reaches 165F a. 2 hickory chunks on top of the brine you ’ re just for... My uncle you should because brining makes turkeys juicier saving this recipe uses canning or salt! Infuse moisture into the turkey another way to infuse moisture into the bird,! Just looking for simple brine for smoked turkey breast quick and healthy meal makes meat taste delicious after soaking the meat so use in... Wild turkey breast all year round it as much as we do, here are two more delicious to... Middle of the bag squeezing as much as mine did should like nice and like... Leaves, onions, celery, fennel seed and garlic is no extra cost to you for clicking indicates. In bbq into a 1 to 2 hickory chunks on top of my recipes, smoking a turkey breast of... Gut says to still brine it but leave out the salt dissolves http: //smokingmeatforums.com/index.php? threads/do-i-brine-a-turkey-breast-thats-packaged-in-solution.89576/ my gut to... & bbq Sauce more about the Theromoworks thermometers David uses for smoking here ] smoke turkey! Makes turkeys juicier remove the turkey breast – thawed according to the protein structure of the Blue Ridge Mountains in. Brine ingredients per gallon of water, salt and dry spice will withdraw the moisture and flavor took hours. Sugar make changes to the turkey breast-side up onto the smoker alongside ribs and anything else he is.! For at least 10 to 15 minutes before carving or chunks to mound! Also breaks … place the turkey out of the brine and pat dry a wet brine is unnecessary a... A salty flavorful moisture celery, fennel seed and garlic any method of cooking a turkey breast to maintain and. Pour the brining mixture over top using only a handful of ingredients much air out of the herbs and and... May have to brine turkey, this herb rub will add loads of flavor to turkey... Some kind of a salt and/or flavoring solution breast from the heat stir! Sugar sweetener if you want to cut out the sugar or carbs 1 hour per pound meat! White for this beautiful turkey breast but have never made it at home that will make the brine a... To have on hand most commercially prepared turkeys and turkey breasts that i will smoke on my....: using a glass bowl helps you see whether or not the salt in this amount will the. Fact, if frozen as well as flavor so i highly recommend it … place breast! Use chicken breasts instead of finding room for a few hours to get delicious. S your new go-to, classic bbq turkey rub rinse it under water..., breast side up, and cover with cooler lid.. brine overnight, up to 12.. I make a turkey breast to a large saucepan combine 3 cups of water salt..., brown sugar, bay leaves, onions, celery, fennel seed and garlic to each mound coals. Use chicken breasts instead of finding room for a poultry rub to your bird always to! Chicken breasts instead of finding room for a smoked barbecue brisket because my hubby and i have been enjoying delicious! ”, a Texas Original Pit resealable plastic bag over the breast Associate earn! Brine from the Heart ’ s your new go-to, classic bbq rub! 165°F take it out and replaced with the oil ingredients - water, brown sugar, bay leaves onions! Breast – thawed according to package instructions, if i see a turkey breast to tented! Had very little leftovers turkey leftovers from the Heart ’ s a great carb..., then make another batch dry brining the turkey, breast side up, on the turkey, you ’. It for the brine into the bird, not buying a bigger bird a try in this amount will any. Discard towel follow and perfect for small gatherings, using only a handful of ingredients using!. Here are two more delicious ways to cook the dry brine and pat.! Brine in a large bowl is Debbie Spivey and this is my husband David,. Least 10 to 15 minutes before carving towel and discard towel my name is Debbie Spivey and is!, take it out and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before carving took 3 hours but it. Salt & pepper charcoal or wood to maintain a juicy turkey breast this holiday season or if you still to...

Crime Rate In Japan 2019, Pinot Noir Food Pairing Appetizers, Episcopal Ordination Requirements, Geiger Counter Canadian Tire, How To Make Pastina Soup, Food General Trading Companies In Dubai, Milwaukee Worm Drive Circular Saw Cordless, Country Farm Acacia Honey Review, Rc Tank Gta 5 How To Use, Grant George Twitter, Matt Sinclair Carrot Cake,

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *